Welcome to Legal Brokers Ltd and our Conveyancing Searches blog page.
We use this page internally to keep our clients updated with changes affecting specific Local Councils, as well Utility Companies, and other providers who have a part to play in providing conveyancing searches to solicitors and conveyancers.
This page is generally updated every couple of days as a way to keep fee earners updated.
Our admin system, when a client logs in, provides Estimated Return Dates (ERD's) for each bundle of searches hence the News Section is simply an additional tool to keep clients updated with respect to matters affecting their search orders.
Furthermore from the searches portal our clients can also generate conveyancing quotes via our quotes calculator, get Indemnity Title Insurances, and select AML search products.
If you'd like to discuss becoming a client and our generating searches on your behalf please either call 0345 603 0708 or email email@example.com.
Legal Brokers Ltd
News and General. 15th September 2021
We've worked to improve our automated invoice system & hopefully that's good now. That said, we're still keeping an eye on all the different permutations.
Within the next 48 hours we should be able to unveil our bespoke Indemnities system. ie. if something isn't a standard risk this should make it easier to get figures and put policies on risk (without picking up the phone).
Completed Personal Searches are a combination of data obtained from different Council departments, specifically; Building, Highways, Land Charges and Planning. Some data is available online whilst other information is only available via a site visit... and Councils can make search agents wait for either appointments or the supply of data. ie. all search firms are in the same boat (so to speak).
As an overview there's 350 Councils, plus Utility Companies, and we've lised the following noteworthy elements;
- Allerdale are 19 days.
- Ashford have increased to 18 days.
- Aylesbury Vale. Please consider Officials.
- Bolton have increased to 18 days.
- Boston Council taking 6 weeks extra.
- Cannock Chase taking 36 days.
- Cardiff are adding extra fees for data.
- Central Bedfordshire is now 67 days.
- Ceredigion now 31 days from 10.
- Charnwood increased to 28 day.
- Cheltenham are now 29 days.
- Chiltern now 22 days.
- Conwy are increased to 33 days.
- Cornwall are now 29 days from 15.
- Dacorum now increased to 49 days.
- Derby increased to 43 days.
- Durham Local Search 20-40 days.
- East Staffordshire increased to 29 days.
- Enfield - Unable to chase.
- Fenland Council now 28 days.
- Forest of Deane increased to 45 days.
- Gloucester now 17 days from 11.
- Gravesham have increased to 17 days.
- Great Yarmouth increased by 5 days.
- Hackney up to December search requests.
- Halton - 27 days.
- Harborough are now 29 days.
- Hartsmere taking 55 days to return data.
- Hillingdon are now 30 days.
- Hyndburn Council now 41 days.
- Kettering. Local elections mean delays.
- Lewes - 35 working days.
- Lichfield Officials and Personals - 40 days.
- LB of Richmond Upon Thames - 15 days.
- Neath Port Talbot increased to 50 days.
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne are 45 days.
- Newport Council are now 38 days.
- Northumbrian Water taking upto 25 days.
- North Warwickshire taking 66 days.
- North West Leicestershire are delayed.
- Oadby & Wigston has increased to 46 days.
- Plymouth are running behind.
- Rhondda Cynon Taf - 16 days.
- Rossendale taking 6 to 7 weeks.
- Rugby are 28 days.
- Shropshire are now 22 working days.
- Slough has increased to 20 days.
- Solihull Council are running slow.
- South Cambridgeshire 35 days.
- South Lakeland 37 days.
- South Norfolk now 29 days.
- South Staffordshire now 52 working days!
- St Albans appointment based - no expedite.
- St Helens - behind with backlog.
- Stoke OT are taking 45 days.
- Sunderland - 29 days.
- Tamworth have increased to 42 days.
- Tunbridge Wells increased to 25 days.
- Vale of Glamorgan now 24 days.
- Walsall increased to 23 days.
- Waverley are taking 55 days.
- Wirral Official Searches taking 6 weeks.
- Wolverhampton now 16 days.
- Wyre Council - increased to 23 days.
- Wyre Forest are now 15 days.
- Ashfield Council are now 33 days.
- Carmarthenshire are 15 days.
- Cornwall are now 15 days.
- Dacorum are now 36 days.
- Gateshead are now 5-8 days!
- Gwynedd Council 14 days!
- Hambleton decreased to 15 days.
- Hartlepool now 18 days.
- Hertsmere are now 37 days.
- High Peak reduced to 13 days.
- Isle of Anglesey are now 38 days.
- Kings Lynn have improved.
- Knowlsey decreased to 10 days.
- LB of Harrow now 14 days.
- LB of Lambeth now 13 days.
- LB Newham are 17 days.
- Maidstone now 16 days.
- Neath Port Talbot - 38 days.
- North East Lincolnshire now 16 days.
- North Somerset are 11 days.
- North Warwickshire reduced to 53 days.
- Nottingham are now 11 days.
- Nuneaton and Bedworth 1 month quicker.
- Officials for Charnwood - 6 days.
- RB Windsor and Maidenhead - 15 days.
- Rotherham are now 15 days.
- Runnymede are now 13 days.
- Sandwell now 7 days.
- South Buckinghamshire - 17 days.
- South Derbyshire are 30 days.
- Southend-on-Sea are 30 days.
- Stevenage are now 17 days.
- Stratford on Avon down to 15 days!
- Swindon are now 23 days.
- Tendring now 28 days.
- Torridge now 16 days.
- Wealden searches are down to 14 days!
- Welwyn are now 13 days!
- Wrexham are now 26 days.
Please be aware that £250 spent buying a Cheshire East "Highways Search" only returns the Road adoption status. Please contact us prior to ordering. ie. the Council aren't providing the data you may be hoping for...
Water Authority News: Thames Water and Welsh Water are currently behind with a backlog for search results coming back, especially for PDWs. We will continue to monitor the timescales and update you accordingly if they affect your searches. Yorkshire Waters system is up and working again so we expect to receive searches as usual.
New Builds. In some circumstances the development and properties will be registered with the Land Registry (which is where our data comes from) and the site will be able to identify each property. If the Land Registry hasn't got the data we'll need a Plot plan, Location plan, and Development plan. ie. we need to find the property with reference to existing roads and infrastructure.
In some circumstances it may be quicker to order an Official Search rather than a Personal Search. Officials are generally more expensive, but the Council may offer a faster turnaround time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an urgent search requirement.
We understand that there are unfortunately times that searches have to be cancelled. To make sure your request is received and dealt with promptly, please send all cancellation requests and queries to email@example.com as this email is monitored daily by all members of staff.
Tel: 0345 603 0708